- Library Hall
Curiosity Cured the Cat: The pathway from conflict to connection
A free talk with guest teacher Kathy Ziola
Join Kathy Ziola for an introduction to Compassionate Communication. Also known as Nonviolent Communication (NVC), Compassionate Communication is the work of Marshall B. Rosenburg, PhD who authored over a dozen books on the topic. NVC is endorsed by Marianne Williamson, Deepak Chopra, John Gray, Jack Canfield, Anthony Robbins and many others.
- Is your tail frequently out of joint ?
- Have you become nocturnal, kept awake by relationship issues?
- Do you curl up in a corner and hope conflict will just go away?
- Do you approach conflict with your claws and fangs out, ready to fight?
- Are you burying your feelings like a cat in the box?
- When it comes to conflict, do you feel like you are stuck in a tree unable to find your way safely back to peace?
- Do you knead love and appreciation?
- Are you hungry and waiting for the food of compassion to nurture you?
- Do your misunderstandings resemble a cat fight?
If you are not smiling like the Cheshire Cat, relaxed and confident in conversation, then this talk is for you.
- Give up your reactive hissing and start responding with heart.
- Let the cat out of the bag and speak your truth honestly.
- Let your natural curiosity come alive to create understanding and peace.
Go from fighting to purring in a matter of minutes using this powerful model for communication that connects. Compassionate Communication offers effective, heart-connecting communication skills and principles for understanding one's self and relating to others.
About the speaker
Kathy Ziola, MA is a Certified Trainer within the Center for Nonviolent Communication. Kathy has presented workshops and retreats in communication, personal growth, relationships and stress management over the past 25 years. She provides training, coaching and therapy to individuals, couples, families and businesses. It is her passion to support others in having the quality of relationships they truly desire. Kathy is a co-owner of Yoga West Collective, a vibrant wellness studio in Grand Junction, CO where she teaches Compassionate Communication, The Yoga of Communication, and Love Works, an in-depth personal growth program. Learn more about NVC and Kathy at her website, or contact her at 970-216-8597 or via email.
This talk is free and open to the entire community, however our speaker requests that you RSVP via email to her so she can plan accordingly.
Kathy will also be teaching an all-day Compassionate Communication Basics workshop on Saturday, May 4 at the Yoga Center of Steamboat.
Thank you to the Yoga Center of Steamboat for sponsoring this community talk!