Get the Book - Glass Castle Scavenger Hunt
Find your own FREE copy of the book during our community-wide scavenger hunt.
Ten copies of The Glass Castle are hidden at 10 different Steamboat nonprofit organizations. Be the first to figure out a clue, get to their front desk, and claim yourself a free copy of Steamboat’s 2011 community read. Enjoy the book, then join us for the special American Place Theatre events surrounding One Book Steamboat this fall.
1. Flow from the heart. FOUND! By Michelle Krasilinec at Old Town Hot Springs.
2. Blaze a trail for the new home on the hill. FOUND! By Monica Verploeg at the Rocky Mountain Youth Corps headquarters.
3. Shots for everyone! FOUND! By Cindy Svensen at Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurses Association.
4. Español? Francais? Everyone’s languages spoken here. FOUND! By Jenny Holcomb at Comunidad Integrada/Integrated Community.
5. Get outside and learn something, kids! FOUND! By George Watts at Yampatika's Environmental Learning Center at Legacy Ranch.
6. Eleanor’s place. FOUND! By an annonymous person at the Depot, home of the Steamboat Springs Arts Council.
7. Granted, it’s for something good. FOUND! By Melrose Kuusinen at the Yampa Valley Community Foundation.
8. Savvy shoppers know where to find a bargain. FOUND! By Amy McElhany at Lift-Up of Routt County.
9. Root around in the past. FOUND! By Gail Hanley at Tread of Pioneers Museum.
10. Where the West is sketched, drawn and painted. FOUND! By Tom at Steamboat Art Museum.
If you don't manage to find one of the scavenger hunt copies of The Glass Castle...
Bud Werner Memorial Library has extra copies of The Glass Castle available for check out. And, there's a Carpet Bag Kit of The Glass Castle available for Book Clubs.