A Steamboat Community Sketchbook!
Help us create a special Steamboat Community Sketchbook this week!
We're putting together a made-in-Steamboat Community Sketchbook in honor of The Sketchbook Project's Mobile Library visit. Anyone of any age can make a page for our Community Sketchbook. Participation is free.
The theme for our Community Sketchbook is "Steamboat is..." What you do on your page should respond to the theme, but how you reply is up to your imagination. We'll be posting submissions on the bulletin board above the self-check computers by the Library Front Desk all week for everyone to see. After the Mobile Library departs, a special jury of Library staff will pick a few extra-creative submissions to receive some very special prizes
Here's how to participate:
- Stop by the Library front desk and pick up your blank Community Sketchbook page.
- Fill your page at will, keeping in mind that our Community Sketchbook theme is "Steamboat is..." Write on it. Draw on it. Paint on it. Collage, coloring, sewing, mixed media and texture are all fair game. It's your page and your story to show and tell.
- Pop-ups and fold-outs are allowed, but your page must condense back to the original size. No oversize elements, please. Also, no glitter or sticky stuff.
- Make sure you put your name, age and contact info on the back of your community Sketchbook page. We want to be able to find you if you win a prize!
- DEADLINE: Pages must be received at the Library Front Desk no later than 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 15.
Bud Werner Memorial Library has really cool sketchbook-themed prizes for extra-creative community Sketchbook submissions. Make sure you include your name and contact info on the back of your page so we can find you.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from Colorado Creative Industries.