4 cups of cooked chickpeas* or 2 (12-ounce cans)
2 teaspoons of course sea salt
1 tablespoon of garam masala
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Set an oven rack at the highest position and preheat the oven to 450 degrees
2. Drain the chickpeas in a large colander for up to an hour to ger rid of as much moisture as possible.
3. In a large bowl, gently mix together all the ingredients.
4. Arrange the seasononed chickpeas in a single layer on the baking sheet.
5. Cook for 20 minutes. Mix gently and cook another 10-15 minutes.
Let cool and start nibbling!!
*Cooking chickpeas with a crockpot
3 cups whole, dried chickpeas, picked over and washed
5 cups of water (in a a 3.5 quart cooker) (In a 5 quart cooker, use 6 cups chickpeas and 8 cups water)
1. Put the chickpeas and water in the slowcooker.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours
3. Rinse the beans in a colander with cold water to stop the cooking process and drain any excess liquid.
4. Store beans in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
There are no items to display.